Team Member - Restaurant Opening
Chaia Tacos is opening our second location in Chinatown in early January and are recruiting our founding team.
We are a small team with big dreams, and your enthusiasm and dedication will help us make our second shop just as successful as our original farmers markets stand and flagship store in Georgetown. This is a terrific opportunity for promotion within our growing company!
What it’s like here and what you will do
Our team members are cross-trained as much as possible and work across many areas of the restaurant - from the taco assembly line, to cashiering, food prep, cooking, pressing and grilling handmade tortillas, and maintaining cleanliness and organization of the restaurant, including dishes. No job is too big or too small; we expect everyone to take initiative to help others get better and grow and to work with urgency and a positive outlook. Opening a new restaurant is a lot of work and we want our team to be full of rockstars. Be prepared for a lot of hard work and the feeling of accomplishment.
Qualities that will make you feel great and help our opening team be successful
- Adaptable; patience for unpredictability and changing circumstances
- Independent; takes initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Positive Attitude; up beat - no nay-sayers allowed
- Integrity; commitment to doing good work (asking “what else can I do?”)
- Resilience; able to bounce back from challenging situations
Who you are
- Have some experience in customer service and/or food service
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Feel a strong drive to help people
- Take your work seriously without taking yourself too seriously
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- When faced with conflict, give others the benefit of the doubt
What we require
- Please apply with your resume, statement of why you would like to work at Chaia and reference for last place of employment
- Open weekend availability
- In-person interview
- Ability to attend training 12/26 - 12/31
What we give
- $13.25 starting hourly rate + tips
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary food and drink
- Start-up/scaling experience
- Creative environment
- Fun, kind and passionate teammates
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!